Friday 23 September 2011

Evaluating research

After this process I feel we could have gone into dept more with the research as this would have given us a wider understanding of our task. We also could have asked more specific questions in are survey, asking our target audience what they like when it comes to the conventions of a movie. This would be things like: characters, setting, visual imagery and lighting. Even though we did ask a question about the plot, it could have focused more on our genre as it was a closed question. Overall I feel our research was spread evenly during this process as we had equal tasks to do when it came to researching our new genre. If I were to do this process again I would look more into the conventions of the genre I would be studying and ask more interesting questions to have wider feedback.

I have learnt that genre is never static and can always be re-packaged and changed. I know this now when we received an announcement about the box-office not wanting physiological horrors. At the time we were doing a Science-fiction, comedy horror, however we overcame this by re-branding our movie to a 'thriller'. This is called regenrification.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! Good Evaluation of the task! Be sure to refoect upon ALL blog entries, building upon your learning and how each helps the project move forward and help your decisions.

    ReplyDelete