Monday 26 March 2012

Music decisions

During my search for music, I have found it difficult to find a piece that fits our criteria. Our music has to be:
  • Scary yet quiet- builds tension
  • Piano, violin, flute sounds (thriller convention)
  • Music that fits in with the editing
So far the music I have researched is either too fast or too loud. Our group wanted something that set a dark tone but also create meaning with a tense atmosphere. Recently I have found some music, however my group member said this choice was too heavy. However, previous groups have already used heavy music in their thrillers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3-UV2DYjU&feature=player_embedded This type of film also is similar to our thriller through the choice of characters: male having dominance over female. Therefore, this could be something to consider for music choice. However, we are still searching for our music.

No comments:

Post a Comment