Monday 5 March 2012

Editing: 27th Feb -1st March

Last week we started to edit for our rough cut for our thriller. We found this task quite easy, however we have some problems at the moment as our footage doesn't exceed 2 minutes. Nevertheless, we haven't finished our titles, nor have we added our new footage for the opening. (This will be of Charli's legs as we have to re-shot what we already had). Hence, I don't think editing will be a big stretch for our group.

In lesson we have already made our production company animation/logo which is called 'Upside Down Productions' and this will consist of the 'upside down' words to rotate from being upside down. We have decided that this font will be different compared to our titles for our thriller as usually production companies and titles are in different style and font. (I have found this out from my research).

I have also gone in by myself a couple of times either during my free time or a free period to help keep the process moving. For example last week I researched some production companies so I could try and become aspired with the logo etc. I completed this task on Photoshop, however I have left this so the whole group can input and decide.

With our titles, we haven't decided exactly what the font and colour etc will be as we just wanted to see what our film looked like with text and footage. We have also changed the opening to have pace- each clip lasts for 4-5 seconds and so does the titles. This adds pace and style to our opening however we need to figure out whether this fits with the rest of the thriller.

Another thing we need to think about is music. So far with my research into finding music I have been unsuccessful. This is either due to the music being too dramatic or basically because it won't fit/too short. This means I will have to research deeper into the music to help shape our thriller perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment